In 1957, Barbara Kern’s mother, Elfriede Gutzelnig, took over the Post. 30 successful years have started for the house, which helped the Post to build upon its good reputation. Up to the 1960s, we also had a general store in the house – it was common in these times. Elfriede Gutzelnig and her husband Franz did not just sit back – on the contrary. During the three decades, in which they ran the Post, a lot was done. They had the hotel’s own lido built, which is very popular with our guests to this day. The first rooms with en suite bathrooms were built, and the kitchen got a new, modern look: the wood-fired oven gave way to a fully electronic kitchen. Guests loved coming regularly, thus an expansion was openly considered in that time. A second house with guest rooms was built.
This is how a guest house with a farm turned into a big tourism business.